Well this has been an eventful week to say the least. A week ago Friday Dash woke up with croup (a year ago he was hospitalized twice for croup) and a list of complaints and ailments. I was really concerned that he told me his ears where hurting again. He had JUST ended 4 months of antibiotics to rid an inner ear infection. I took him into the doctor and sure enough he not only had croup but another inner ear infection. He has been on antibiotics since December 07. Much to our relief he bounded back from the croup better then he has in the past.
The thing is that Dash loves Miley dearly and sick or not he has to show it. He is constantly in her face kissing her and giving hugs. Well like a good brother should he shared the croup with little Miley. She acquired a cough and fever on Tuesday. Wednesday I took her to the doctor after she woke coughing like a seal in the middle of the night. In the hour that we were in the doctors office she plummeted! Her oxygen level dropped and she was unable to breath (even after 2 breathing treatments). They told me to take her to the E.R. and gave her some liquid Tylenol to bring down her fever. As soon as I put her in her car seat she began to throw up the Tylenol. The doctor and nurse had to flip her car seat over, with her in it so she would not choke.
I took her straight to the E.R., freaking out a bit on my way as I listened to her in the back seat gasping for air. When we arrived they checked us in and I tried to sooth and comfort her the best I could. As they were checking her temperature and listening to her breath she once again threw up all over the front of me and down my shirt. The male nurse taking our information was obviously grossed out as he began to gag. He looked like he was about to throw up himself. they were nice enough to find me a scrub shirt (xxx large shirt but clean) to put on.
They gave Miley two epinephrine treatments and steroids before her airways opened up. With that we also bought ourselves a night in the infectious disease portion of the hospital. I have never seen Miley so miserable. Not only is she recovering from croup, but she also has an ear infection, a cold, and is teething. She just sits there coughing and moaning/yelling.
So if anyone is wondering were we have been...that is the story. Furthermore I am pretty sure that Dash picked it up from nursery or a friend from nursery so I am considering isolation until flu and croup season is over. See y'all in a couple months! : )
Saturday, April 5, 2008
A night a Children's Hospital
Posted by Rebecca McQuivey at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment