Wednesday, April 23, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
April 13th was my birthday. I never thought turning 26 would be so traumatic! For some reason I had a really rough emotional couple days. Especially when I thought about my last week, day, and minuets of being 25 was spent caring for my sick children, while my husband was at school studying. Most people my age are going out to parties, shopping, and socializing.
Then I began to think about my stud of a husband who is so supportive of everything I do. I am truly blessed to be married to my best friend. The night before my birthday he put the kids to bed and made me a candle lite bath. Then waiting on my pillow were these 12 long stem roses with petals all around them. He wrote me a poem about how I was the one girl that stood out to him, like the one yellow rose among the pink. (yellow roses are my favorite) How sweet is he! Then he let me go shopping last week end for cloths by myself, without kids. I don't think I have ever had so much fun being alone!!!
Then I also thought about how much I love my two beautiful children. I am so lucky to have a little boy that cheers for me every time I go to the bathroom, tells me I am a princess when I wear skirts, and helps me blow out my candles! I am so lucky to have a baby girl that loves to give me big gummy smiles and slobbery kisses! I am lucky to have to kids that keep me on my toes and nurse all the time because it is helping me loose weight. I have such a full life and am so grateful to all my friends and family, be it near or far, that care enough to read my batterings to know how we are doing (and remind me that I haven't posted for a while).
I am now a full week into my 26th year and it is every bit as good as the 25th, if not better. Thank you Chris for putting up with me as I experienced my "quarter life" crises (I am hoping I am not mid-life yet)!
Posted by Rebecca McQuivey at 1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment