Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 14 Marble Cliff Pie Night

As our friends the Gibbs put it on their blog " March 14th is every nerdy math teachers' favorite day of the year." I guess they were right the activities committee is full of nerdy "math teachers" because we were all about celebrating pie day as a ward. This might actually become one of my favorite holidays! I mean look at these pies! Who can turn down an excuse to devour one of these beauties?


Danielle talked me into doing the pie eating contest with her and Amy. To be honest it didn't take to much talking to convince me to shove my face into a huge pie while onlookers watched and laughed. Although I did cheat. I let Dash and Miley help me eat the pie.

The winners of the pie eating contest got to throw pies in the faces of certain people in the ward.
Of course we offered them the highest quality in protective gear!
To top of the evening we had a pie-n-wood derby. It was so much fun to watch all the kids (and their kids) have so much fun racing their cars. Over all I think it was pretty fun! Too bad Chris had to miss it. He was studying for boards.

3 comments:

Maren said...

So cute! I love this idea. And these photos make me miss all of you at Marble Cliff so much. Thanks for posting them. Those pies look soooo good!

Harada's said...

Hey will you email me some of the good photos you got on your camera today? I have been wanting to post this on my blog, and I want to print some pics off to put on the bulletin board at church.
Thanks Bex! =)

Tami said...

Oooo, I'll take a slice of that strawberry banana one - holy yumminess! What's the green headband thingy Dash is wearing in the pool?