Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Well now is the time for resolutions for the new year. I am so very excited for 2010! This is going to be my year, I just know it! I have been out of high school for 10 years. Chris will graduate from optometry school this year. Dash starts kindergarten this year. Miley starts preschool this year. I am not pregnant this year!! I have some very BIG goals for this year.

Goal # 1: "Healthy, strong, and thin in 2010!"

I got these little beauties for Christmas this year. I am going to put 1000 miles on these shoes this year. That is a little more then 3 miles a day 6 days a week. I started January 1st and ran 4 miles in the snow, it was 23 degrees outside. Yesterday I resigned myself to a treadmill until it gets above freezing.
So, as I am pounding the pavement working on my 1000 miles goal, I will also be training for not only my first race ever, but also my first half marathon. The Capital City Marathon May 1st!
But that's not all folks. By the end of the year I am going to run a full marathon! For some of you this may not be a big deal, but for me it is huge and totally exciting! Coming from weighing over 200 pounds to running 26 miles in 2 years is huge. Why am I declaring this to the world? Because I am the kind of person that once I set my mind to it, and say it out loud, It will be done. I will try to log my miles each week and report my progress.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Oh Becca! I want to be just like you!! Seriously. I've gained lots of weight from being pregnant twice, and too close together. I need help!! How did you start out? I need to know it all! I laughed at what you said about this year being your year, that you weren't going to pregnant and that's exactly what I said too!! Taking all precautions! ha. Good luck and just know that you have an admirer who wants to do what you are doing!

Dehner Family said...

Ya!! I love that you've caught the running bug. You can so do this! I look forward to trying to catch you at the half. You'll be my inspiration. Good luck with the 1000 miles - be sure you give yourself rest days - you'll need them. Let's run together once training starts... Kristi Sondrup may want to run with us too!!

Kirsten said...

I am going to do the Half Marathon on May 1st too! I am terrified and trying to find the time to train for it with everything that is going on! We should run together sometime. Good luck on your awesome goals!!!