Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Weddings, Halloween, and more weddings

Shortly after I had returned from my trip to Utah this summer I got a call from my brother Sean. He was engaged and getting married in October. Well of course I had to be there so off to Utah I went for the second time this year. Unfortunately We didn't have the funds for the whole family to go so the kids had to stay home with Chris. Fortunately we didn't have the funds for the whole family to go, so the kids stayed home with Chris! More fortunately is that I have some of the best friends in the whole world! Our GREAT friends Nichole and Brock offered to watch Dash and Miley during the day while Chris was working at the VA hospital, and Kara took me to he airport. It was so nice to be kid free for 5 days! It was nice to have the opportunity to miss them.

On my way to Utah, during my layover at the Phoenix airport I realized that I had forgotten my temple recommend. The wedding was the next morning and I thought I was going to miss it. Chris scanned my recommend and emailed it to me. When Sean printed it off for me it was on a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. This is what I took to the temple with me. My family joked that I should go waring these nice coke bottle glasses and sporting a cane. When I showed up at the temple the old workers thought it was so funny! They had never seen anything like that before! I got in though! (I blurred the recommend picture for your viewing pleasure)


My brother Sean and his beautiful bride Tiffany. I LOVED her dress! If only I could do it all over again...same guy...different dress and hair.


Me and my sister, Amber. I stayed with her while visiting and came back a considerable better dressed gal. I love raiding her closet for hand-me-downs.
Carly and I had way to much fun putting together a gift basket for Sean and Tiffany. We forgot to get a card so we made one out for newspaper, foot bandage, and a contraceptive flier we found. It was pure genius and sooo funny. The envelope was held together with nothing but chewed up gum!!!

My nephew was such a ladies man. He danced with all the little girls!


Then came Halloween
I am on the activities committee, and helped throw a "Freak Show" Halloween party. We had ward members share their freaky talents and stupid human tricks. Miley was not officially performing, however she had many people taking pictures of her eating noodles. She was shoving them in her face as fast as she could. She made such a mess.




Gingerbread houses with Dad. While I prepared for our Halloween party. We had a bunch of friends over for a costume party. I managed to not take any pictures of it though. Dang it!

I helped throw a Halloween party for Dash's class. I took these pictures through the window as I was getting their snacks ready.
Then of course there was trick or treating. The kids made out like bandits! Dasha and Miley are both cowboys/cowgirls. Miley had a horse like Dash's but she was scared of it and wanted nothing to do with it. After all was said and done we had great Halloween week.
Jonathan and Karlee's wedding
Just before I flew out to Sean's wedding I got another call. My baby brother was engaged and getting married three weeks after Sean. I couldn't miss it so after just 3 weeks of being home I flew back again to Utah by myself. Again Nichole and Brock watched the kids while Chris was at the VA Hospital, and Kara took me to the airport and Dash to and from school. I am seriously so lucky to have such great friends!

My brother Jonathan and his beautiful bride Karlee.

My nephew Caden discovered that he could make a killing buy excepting tips for "refreshing" our drinks. What a crack up!
I am so happy for my brothers! They found great girls to be married to for time and all eternity. I am so lucky to have two more sisters that I love! In short I had an awesome month! Thanks Chris for letting me go!!!!

0 comments: