The kids and I were in Utah June 16th through July 3rd. Chris couldn't come because of school. It was SO good to be back and see everyone, but we missed Chris terribly because he is the coolest and most hansom husband ever. The last time we were in Utah was December of 2007. Miley was 3 months old and she rolled over for the first time at Chris' mom's house. It has been a long time!
We went to the Gateway Children's Science Museum and the Planetarium in Salt Lake City. It had some great hands-on exhibits for all of us kids to play on!

Me, Miley, and Corban on a simulated helicopter ride. Corban's dad flies these for real.

Miley and her "baby Roman"

Davin the Fire Fighter

Miley's favorite thing at the museum was getting wet!

Cowboy Dash

Grandma McQuivey spoiling the kids!

I took Dash, Miley, and my niece Makayla to the mall were they got to play on this great indoor playground with giant dinosaur bones and a huge tree house to play on. Then we went to See's Candy store and they each picked out candy.


My sister Jennifer and baby Aden. He is one of the many nephews I had never met. He is so chunky and sweet and I am definitely his favorite!

My beautiful nieces have gotten so big I hardly recognized them!

Emma is notorious for falling asleep in bazaar situations and positions. I woke up and found her sleeping under the couch.

Miley's hair is finally long enough to pull back into full piggy tails!

Amber and Dave took the kids and I out on their boat.


Dave was nice enough to take the kids out in the water for a swim. We were on Utah Lake which has disgusting water so there was no way I was getting in. The kids loved it though.

Dash thinks that Dave is really Super Man because of the tattoo on his arm. He sat there forever just staring at him before he said "Your Superman"! A couple days latter Dash asked Dave to take him to the park behind their house and Dave told him he couldn't, and Dash said "Yes you can! You can do anything! You can fly up to the planets, and save people! You can do it! I believe in you!" I think Dave had a hard time turning Dash down after that. Dash was like the little kid that sat outside the Incredibles house waiting for something to happen in the movie. He just sat and watched Dave all the time.


Miley and Roman were inseparable! They absolutely Love each other. Roman is another nephew I had never met. Oh how I love this little boy! He is such a lover (as you can see in the picture below). The poor boy is allergic to everything and it is so sad. He is allergic to Gluten (wheat), Soy, Eggs, and Dairy which is in everything! My sister Amber does a great job trying to find him things to eat and keeping the dangerous food away. But he goes crazy seeing other people eat things that he can't have.



Great Grandma McQuivey will not like me for posting this, but I want my kids to remember her. She is the sharpest, most spry Great Grandmas I have ever met. She makes me proud to be a McQuivey! We almost named Miley Lilly after her. If we have another girl she probably will be.

Raya had her 4th birthday party and my sister, Amber, threw a great birthday bash for her, complete with a huge bouncing castle-water slide-thingy.
-Raya looking very Diva amongst her many admirers!


Miley on her way back from the ER. She got pretty sick and my insurance would only pay for us to go to the ER. We got there and all the sudden she was fine. I felt like the biggest idiot! Turns out we think she is allergic to dogs! As soon as we left Chris's moms house she was fine.

Chris's brother Troy and his family came up from Saint George. Zain is another nephew I never met. He was adopted from Thailand just after our last trip to Utah. He is so cute! We had so much fun singing songs and dancing together. Mattie and Jayden are so grown up and played so well with Dash.

Sean took us, David, and Caden rock climbing.

Miley, Davin, Dash, Caden, and Tessa at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanks Giving Point. These are such great kids! David and Tami have raised such loving respectful kids. I was with them for like 3+ days and they never fought once. Dash LOVES Caden! He was such a good friend and example to Dash. Miley has been calling Tessa "Tessa Roses" every time she sees her picture.

Smile big for the camera!

Davin and Miley on an archaeological dig for dinosaur bones.

Tami took us all out for ice cream afterwords.

I took my kids and 5 of Jen's 6 kids to this fun little playground at the elementary school by my parent's house. We all held hands and walked the two blocks to the park.


Dash and his best friend/cousin Caden!

Auntie Amber and Miley. Amber trained Miley to tell everyone that Amber was her favorite.

Tessa astonishing me with her magic trics! "pick a card, any card!"

My youngest brother Jonathan and his girlfriend (soon to be fiancee) Carlee. For some reason I didn't get any pictures of Sean and his fiance Tiffany. I will post some later. One of my favorite things about the trip was getting to know my future sister-in-laws. I really love them and can't wait for the weddings!

Dash and Miley were sent home with soooo many new toys and cloths from grandmas and Aunts. They were great to have in the airport as we waited to board. Miley was horrible on the plane. I will never fly with her again. She will be 18 someday and she will have to fly alone; because the memories of her screaming will still be to fresh. She screamed bloody murder the entire way home.



Ever since we came home Dash has been drawing pictures of Grandma! I thought this was so cute! He drew Grandma Greene, green. We love our family and hope that graduation and
work will bring us closer next year!

Some of the picture got cute off, but it is Dash in blue and Grandma in the green.
1 comments:
I'm glad you got to get away for a while. I love the picture Dash drew. Very cute!
Post a Comment