Saturday, August 1, 2009

Our Move

Last week was one of the most stressful busy weeks of my life. Wednesday morning we picked up our 16 foot moving truck to start loading for the move. We started loading, in the rain, at 9am so that we could have everything out for the carpet layers at 2pm. Thankfully the missionaries and a couple from the ward, who are here for the summer installing security systems, showed up to help. My good friend Katie, offered to watch Miley so I could help also. So when the Carpet guys showed up at 10am (4 hours early) we were actually almost done loading the trucks. They were able to wait 20 minuets for us to clear out and they got right to work.

Since the closing wasn't until the next morning we couldn't sign the lease and move into our new apartment until the next day. We left our mattresses out of the truck and camped out in the living room that night. Chris and I were up until about 10pm cleaning the house for the new owners and just as we laid down to go to sleep I heard Dash start to cry. I walked down stairs and found a very sick little boy. He started puking all over our brand new carpet! I felt so bad for him. He was so violently ill that he had to sleep in the bathroom that night. The next morning Dash was still sick so we took him with us to the closing.

Closing went great, the buyers told us about their drama with buying our place. The bank called them 2 weeks before closing and told them they were not going to give them the loan because of the tenet to owner ratio in the community. That was even with them putting 20% down. So they called around and found another lender. I was sure grateful that they never told me about that drama; I think I would have grown an ulcer. But we closed and all went well. Chris and I feel so utterly blessed to have sold our condo when we did. The taxes were just raised 54.9% in our area. We were the only one for sale at the time and were able to get what we wanted. There are others going up for sale now and we would have had to compete with them if we waited.

We then went to our new apartment, signed the lease, and started the move in processes. We are on the 3rd floor so it took about 3 hours to unload the truck. Kenta helped for half and Jake Bodell and Seth Merrel helped the other half. (Thanks guys!)

The next day we had the ward camp out. I am on the activities community so I had to be there. So we left the apartment with everything still in boxes for the camp out. The camp out was a lot of fun and I think a big success, despite the rain Saturday morning. I must say that as stressful and busy as last week was. My overwhelming feeling is thankfulness.

The van is packed and we are off.
The kids don't normally eat fast food. So what did Miley think of her first happy meal? I think this picture explains it all!

2 comments:

Jennifer Kendall said...

i think i would have begged off of the ward activity... what a trooper you are!

Krystal said...

Sudenly you are blogging mucho after a long blog fast. I did pop some corn! I must admit I didn't read all the words, but I did look at all the pictures, and they are very very cute!